I want to be in better health. I want to spend my money wisely and save more. I want to be satisfied with and grateful for the things I have instead of always wanting more. I want to be a mom. I want to write more and to be a better writer. I want to start my own business. I want to work from home. I want to be happy. I want to be closer to God (not in a “be dead” way but in a “closer walk with thee” way.)
So here be my resolutions for 2006...
- To get some form of exercise at least 2 times a week (already had sex twice this week so I’m on a roll!)
- To wear more hats – literally. I spent a lot of money on hats last year and I need to make them count.
- To get pregnant.
- To (depending on the timing of #3) give birth.
- To turn 39 (if I don’t accomplish that then there’s pretty much no chance of the rest of these as my birthday is like 27 days off.)
- To pray more.
- With the help of #6 to determine what my new business should be.
- To publish my book of short stories.
- To make progress and perhaps finish the novel I started 3 years ago
- To learn to play guitar reasonably well
- To eat less red meat and eat healthier in general.
- To practice compassion.
- To write more letters to the people I love (not just emails but actual letters.)
- To start a real retirement plan and behave more fiscally responsibly
- To actually stick at least one of these resolutions… other than the hats.