Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Who are you and what do you want?

Well here it is. The new year. I need to make some resolutions. But what do I want? What do I want to accomplish? What do I want to be? What changes do I want to make?

I want to be in better health. I want to spend my money wisely and save more. I want to be satisfied with and grateful for the things I have instead of always wanting more. I want to be a mom. I want to write more and to be a better writer. I want to start my own business. I want to work from home. I want to be happy. I want to be closer to God (not in a “be dead” way but in a “closer walk with thee” way.)

So here be my resolutions for 2006...

  1. To get some form of exercise at least 2 times a week (already had sex twice this week so I’m on a roll!)
  2. To wear more hats – literally. I spent a lot of money on hats last year and I need to make them count.
  3. To get pregnant.
  4. To (depending on the timing of #3) give birth.
  5. To turn 39 (if I don’t accomplish that then there’s pretty much no chance of the rest of these as my birthday is like 27 days off.)
  6. To pray more.
  7. With the help of #6 to determine what my new business should be.
  8. To publish my book of short stories.
  9. To make progress and perhaps finish the novel I started 3 years ago
  10. To learn to play guitar reasonably well
  11. To eat less red meat and eat healthier in general.
  12. To practice compassion.
  13. To write more letters to the people I love (not just emails but actual letters.)
  14. To start a real retirement plan and behave more fiscally responsibly
  15. To actually stick at least one of these resolutions… other than the hats.

No comments: