Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Hey This Is Fun...

Like a kid with a new toy. Blog. Blog. Blog. Blog. Blog.

Okay what started me on this riff? Blame that blasted liberal swag of a mag, Vanity Fair. I LOVE that magazine. "Chronicles of the Rich Behaving Badly," I call it. But, great grist for indignation mill. And food for thought.

I've been thinking a lot lately. Too much really.

War scares me. A little for myself -- there's an awful lot of military bases around me, what if some terrorist decides to go all "Pearl Harbor" on San Diego?

But mostly for the world. It's almost like we think this is a movie where the only people who die are the nameless extras and the hero saves the day before anybody important (like ourselves) gets killed. I have a very bad feeling that it's not going to work out that way. Especially since everybody's sitting around waiting for the hero to show up. Well the Second Coming notwithstanding, I have my doubts.

I feel so bad for the soldiers. They're trying so hard to fight for freedom, but our government policies just seem to be ramming them into walls. Save that for another day.

Today I'm just excited about this whole blogging thing!

In the next day or so I'll post some emails that disturbed the heck out of a few of my friends. Which also might explain why I'm getting into this bloggy territory. I'm a wimp though. I'm not yet prepared to take comments. I'm still figuring out what my point of view is. Where I stand. Trying to defend it to anybody who thinks I'm an ass would pretty much be an exercise in futility as I might end up agreeing with them.

And so as I enter the realm of Blogdom with tentative steps this 26th day of January in the year of our Lord 2005; I inhale the scent of the bloggy air and my plaintive voice cries out, "What the heck is that smell?!"

No comments: