Thursday, June 01, 2006

Today I hate...

AOL. I want to read my email. Is that too much to ask? It's bad enough they are now accepting "dirty" money from advertisers to guarantee that I get spammed. But now I can't even get my legitimate email.

Maybe someone is punishing them for their sins. I bet they got hacked and don't want to admit it. I bet they are not as secure as they like us to believe. I'm thinking it may be time to leave them. I've thought about it but I never took any action. I mean I have outlook at home. It might be time to set it up to receive my yahoo mail.

But I've been with AOL for so long. Everybody has that email address. I'd have to go in and every online account I've ever had. I don't even know how many online accounts I have? And then there's the little matter of all my alternate email addresses under aol. And my husbands. But if I revise my website and set up an email box with an online server I could get around that.

I really don't like AOL anymore. They are expensive and they really don't give you all that much. But I don't hate them quite enough yet to go through all the trouble. Still this freakin' outage has made hate them enough to start thinking up an escape plan.

Who's with me?!!!

No comments: