Thursday, September 22, 2005

Into the Mist

I have a lunch date tomorrow.

I was driving home today and there was an uncharacteristic fog covering a stretch of freeway. It was mystical and I started thinking that God was there in the mist. And in my imagination I heard a voice say, "you think I'm here because of the mist? I'm here all the time. What makes the mist so special?"

But I immediately thought that this imaginary voice was not God but was only the voice of my faith talking. And no sooner did this cross my mind than a large Lays potato chip truck crossed in front of me. And the tagline blared out in giant letters...

LET'S DO LUNCH!

So tomorrow I'm going to have lunch with God. I don't know if I'll go to church or just go somewhere quiet to pray. But I have a lot to think about. And a lot that I need to talk over with Him.

I'll let you know if He shows up. To be continued...

6 comments:

Nadia Smith said...

Just found your blog and I want to build one myself for diamond necklaces on the side. have a great day and keep on blogging!

7472 said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a penis pills site. It pretty much covers penis pills related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

John said...

What a great post followed by 2 idiotic blog spams....

Wouldn't it be wierd if God really just wanted to talk about diamond necklaces and/or penis pills?

Good luck and thank you for inspiring me to add Him to my schedule as well.

gone said...

I think God is perpetually in your schedule. You simply need to take the time to notice. But, setting aside a specic time completely devoted to him is special...and rare.

We all expect updates.

And let me say that Sarah and I are so excited for you and Michael. Reading about your last days leading up the the "big day" takes us back. We had such a good wedding experience. We wish the same for you.

Princess Steph said...

enjoy that dear, sounds sweet and just what you need during these crazy days!

Julian Silvain said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about penile pills) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about penile pills related articles and subjects.