Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Interesting Post From The Wooden Head

Very interesting post on the materialist world view from Dada. I think I will have to ponder it some more. And Matt's comment about Buddhism is wonderfully on point too.

Also I took the World view quiz. I guess that's me. But why do I feel cheated that my world view has been summed up so easily?

You scored as Cultural Creative. Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative

75%

Idealist

69%

Postmodernist

69%

Fundamentalist

50%

Romanticist

50%

Existentialist

25%

Modernist

13%

Materialist

13%

What is Your World View? (corrected...hopefully)
created with QuizFarm.com

1 comment:

Dex2177 said...

-"There is no truth"... wahahahaha...
-"Mankind is condemned to be free. (there is no outside control)"... wahahahaha...
-"All that exists is matter."... well... since energy and matter are interchangable and I'm assuming we're including sub-atomic particles in the realm of "matter"... yeah, that could be technically true.
-"Interpretation is an intrinsic feature of the fabric of the universe."... wow... that's really deep... I didn't know that the fabric of the universe was dependant on human consciousness
-"Our modern society has been plagued by an absence of emotion."... is the person who comes up with this @#$% paid? lol...
-"In the end, whatever that may be, there will be a togetherness of all things." ...fairytales can come true, it can happen to you... if you're young at heart... lol

Sorry, am I not taking this seriously enough? lol.